lunes, febrero 17, 2020

Hotels FAQ

What is the difference between the following room types and occupancy categories?

Choosing a hotel room category can often be a daunting task, especially when there are so many individual room-type descriptions to choose from. Here are a few that are generally most popular within the USA, Canada and Mexico;

Standard: This category usually is the most basic room type offered by the hotel. It has basic amenities and furnishings.

Deluxe:These rooms are supposed to be Deluxe in every way: with better than average view, location, furnishings and size.

Run of the House (ROH):This can mean anything the hotel wants it to mean, but typically the interpretation should be "standard room or better at time of check in; any location within the hotel".

Suite: Suite is usually two or more rooms clearly defined; a bedroom and a living or sitting room, with a door that closes between them. Many hotels use the word "suite" to define any room with a sofa in it so be sure to check thoroughly if what you really want are the two or more separate rooms.

Studio:This is usually configured like a Junior Suite, but has the added advantage of a "kitchenette," or cooking facilities.

In terms of occupancy (bedding) arrangements;

KING (K): A kingsized bed, in U.S. measurements, that would be 72 inches wide by 72 inches long.

QUEEN (Q): A bed in U.S. measurements that is 60 inches wide and 72 inches long.

DOUBLE (D): A bed in U.S. measurements that is 54 inches wide and 72 inches long. It is also known as a FULL-sized bed.

TWIN (T): A twin is supposed to be 36 inches wide and 72 inches long, but it can also describe a bed that is as narrow as 32 inches wide. It is also sometimes called a "single" bed.

Copyright 2010 by Santa Fe Tech & Vacations USA Tours